Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How to connect system to LCD projector

System Specifications
Operating system : Ubuntu (Linux)
Graphics card : Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller

Steps for Setting up the system
Edit the xorg.conf file

Location of the xorg.conf file is /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Open the file and edit the section device like this :

Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller"
Driver "intel"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
Option "MonitorLayout" "NONE,LFP+CRT"
Option "DevicePresence" "true"
Option "CheckLid" "false"
EndSection

Installing tool

Now you need to install a tool to switch your display between the LCD display and your monitor.

sudo aptitude install i810switch

will install two tools called i810switch and i810rotate.

i810switch : Two commands can be used to switch your display. crt is the display on projector. so,

i810switch crt on

will switch to crt. Then,

i810switch crt off

will switch off the display on projector screen.

One more tool can be used,

i810rotate

which will switch on and switch off the display.

4 comments:

  1. How about in windows 7? how will i connect the lcd projector in the system?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 'Dell-inspiron640m-laptop' with 'Ubuntu-11.04Natty' installed and working well. I have 'Samsung-LCD-TV-31inch'. I tried to connect with 'Dell-laptop'...immediately the display on both becomes garbled and i am not able to select any settings for 'monitor-properties'. Kindly guide me. Whether installing 'i810switch' can solve my problem?
    HVyas

    ReplyDelete
  3. my friend i wrote the command ( sudo aptitude install i810switch ) in the terminal. it asks for my code , i write it and then says that such commad does not exist. i have the same ubuntu as you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful to you on the grounds that your article is exceptionally useful for me to continue with my exploration in same region. Your cited illustrations are all that much significant to my exploration field.This is extraordinary! It really exhibits to me where to broaden my online diary
    รับติดตั้งลำโพง

    ReplyDelete